1. How old will you be in five years?
32, not that it matters, as plenty of people think I'm that old already. My 40 year old friend gets carded more often than I do.
2. Do you think you will be married by then?
I plan to continue being married for the rest of my life.
3. How tall are you?
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Our first sonogram of Pamphlet 2.0
5. What's the last movie you saw?
Charlotte's Web, a couple hours ago.
6. Who was the last person you called?
The last call I made was during work yesterday, I don't recall who it was.
7. Who was the last person to call you?
8. What was the last text message you receive?
Blue sending me a link to watch the new Order of the Phoenix trailer.
9. Do you prefer to call or text?
I don't text over the phone. It costs extra and is WAY less efficient than talking. But I love computer text messaging.
10. Do you have any pets?
A pretty, precious princess named Guenhwyvar. She's lovely and silky soft and very temperamental.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Watching the Roast of William Shatner.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
My biological parents have been divorced almost 27 years, but my "real" parents, my mom and step-dad, have been together almost as long.
13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
I think it was during our vacation to California in 2005. But we'll see her this summer when we head back for my high school reunion!
14. What color are your eyes?
15. What do you like about winter?
Uh... not much. I like watching snow fall. But driving in it sucks. And scraping it off my car. And stamping it off my feet after which it tracks all over the house anyway. The best thing about winter is that's when Little Blue arrived.
16. What do you like about the summer?
Summer is hot and humid and I'm really nervous about tornadoes, so it mostly bites. The best thing about summer is our daycare closes for vacation so we get to take our vacation to spend time with Little Blue and see my family.
17. What do you like about spring?
It is my second-favorite season, a time of rebirth and the stirring of new life and hope. Both of my pregnancies were begun in the spring.
18. HOW MANY States have you lived in?
3. Incidentally, Blue said 1, but he forgot we lived in Independence for a while, so his answer should have been 2.
19. How many cities/towns have you lived in?
20. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Bare feet! I like my toes in the grass and my feet touching the earth.
21. Are you a social person?
I am friendly, good-humored, and affectionate with my friends, but I tend to be a little shy and just smile quietly around strangers.
22. What was the last thing you ate?
Garlic and olive oil couscous.
23. What is your favorite restaurant?
I'm a huge fan of Zuppa Toscana and alfredo-dipped bread sticks from Olive Garden, but Old Chicago, BoLing's, and any good steak or seafood joint are close runner-ups. And of course, if money and time were no object, my top two would be The Melting Pot and Gojo's.
24. What is your favorite ice cream?
25. What is your favorite dessert?
26. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Zuppa Toscana when splurging: a deliciously spicy little jobber with sausage, potatoes, kale, and a creamy but not too thick broth. For everyday though, it's gotta be creamy tomatoe soup with grilled cheese.
27. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
I'm not a super-huge fan of the PB&J, but when I eat it I like lots of kinds of jams, including strawberry, blackberry, grape, raspberry, apricot, and plum.
28. Do you like coffee?
About three times a year, yeah.
29. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
Glasses could be any size. Let's go with an objective measurement. Most days I drink at least half a gallon of water.
30. What do you drink in the morning?
I tend to prefer hot tea with cream and sugar or chai latte from a delicious powdered mix.
31. Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
A specific someone.
32. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
I am traditionally on the right side of the bed when you're standing at the foot looking at it.
33. do you know how to play poker?
a couple different ways, yeah.
34. Do you like to cuddle?
If I were a mythological deity, it would be Goddess of Cuddling, Snuggling, and General Coziness.
35. Have you ever been to Canada?
Not thus far, but I wouldn't mind a visit.
36. Do you eat out or at home more often?
We have a plan to do better, which involves going to the store for meal supplies when we're unprepared (i.e. forgot to thaw something) instead of eating out.
37. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Nope, and I never have known anyone with it, oddly enough. Though I've known someone for every birthday on either side of mine to round out the week.
38. Do you want kids?
We certainly haven't been having them by accident!
39. Do you speak any other languages?
40. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Many, many. I had 27 in my knee from one accident, and I don't even know the count from my cesarean.
41. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Several very expensive and ultimately wasted times. Hopefully never again. For the record, if you ever have the misfortune to see me faint, I do NOT need an ambulance! It looks much worse than it is.
42. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
The ocean, the ocean, a thousand times the ocean.
43. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
I wish either of them had more room for my knees. And it should be illegal for the person in front of me to recline all over my lap.
44. Do you know how to drive a stick?
My poor dad tried to teach me once. I had no talent for it.
45. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Fun outings with the family.
46. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
Blue's wedding band. He's allergic so he can't wear it, and his, being a man's, is wider than mine, and therefore looks nicer and more noticeable on my finger. Especially since I long ago abandoned wearing the matching engagement ring, whose diamond-on-prongs scratched both Little Blue and Big Blue alike.
47. What is your favorite TV show?
Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Lost, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.
48. Can you roll your tongue?
I can sort of curl it up on both sides to form a tube, is that what you mean?
49. Who is the funniest person you know?
Little Blue I think. Or at least he seems to make me laugh more than anyone else.
50. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
Just one cuddly-wuddly snugglebear. Don't worry, I never actually call him that.
51.What is the main ring tone on your phone?
A fanciful little melody I never quite realize is my phone in time to answer it. I should probably change it to something more annoying and functional.
52. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
When was I ever little? It seems unimaginable that I was ever as small as my son is now. I definitely don't have any of my childhood clothing hanging about, thank goodness, since I hoarde everything else so obsessively.
53. What color are your bedroom walls?
Robin's egg blue. Take that, Blue!
54. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
55. Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed?
"Closed, though if it gets hot, we can open it because it has a door to the attic." Which we would NEVER open that attic door because Pink would lay awake all night wondering if SWARMS of SPIDERS were SNEAKING into her very bed! Don't even suggest it! That attic door must never be opened. Never!
56. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of killer bees?
Actually, Blue, you probably can't outrun bees. But you have more chance of rescue and successful treatment if you're stung a bunch than if you're mauled. But, y'know, try to be attacked near a hospital either way.
57. Do you flirt a lot?
I used to flirt much worse than I do now, but I still catch myself at it once in a while.
58. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
If it's McD's, sweet & sour sauce, but if it's a real fried chicken strip, I prefer honey first or ranch second.
59. What is your favorite food?
I do really enjoy my spaghetti sauce, but I think my favorite food is cheese.
60. Can you change the oil on a car?
Uh, no. That would be really dirty.
61. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
62. Have you ever run out of gas?
Nope, but I look forward to Blue returning the favor if I do.
63. What is your usual bedtime?
64. Do you read the newspaper?
Not generally. I like to look through the Business Journal when I get a chance, though.
65. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
66. Best comedian?
Lewis Black. Hands down.
67. Do you watch soap operas?
68. Do you dance in the car ?
That'd be sort of difficult, wouldn't it? But there are a couple of songs for which I will do a sort of bouncy, head-bobbing almost-dance.